OK, I've stayed quiet on here about politics--you all know (if you know me at all) that I'm an ardent Barack supporter--have been since before he hit the national scene--and you know that I make my comments here and there, but I have yet to post a blog on politics. Today is the day, people. We all know in our heart of hearts that Sarah Palin was only picked by McCain in hopes of pulling the Hillary supporters (and damn your stupidity if you vote for McCain just so that you can vote for Hillary in the future--country first, people), we also know that this was a.) a spontaneous decision and b.) not necessarily a good one, because c.) Sarah was NOT ready to be VP. I gave her a really fair shot when she first jumped on the scene. Not that I considered for a moment that I would change my vote, but I can certainly appreciate a strong woman being a leader in national politics. I was eager for her "coming out" speech--ready to hear what this tough Alaskan had to offer, hoping it was normal, exciting, and even inspiring. I was not impressed. Although, I realize many in the Republican base were (my mother number one among them). So I thought, well, she certainly isn't my cup of tea (or should I say 'cup of joe', what with all this Joe the Plumber commotion), but at least she's getting the Republicans revved up. I was pretty happy for my Republican counterparts--until her complete and utter lack of experience, understanding, and qualifications came to the surface. I'll just provide some highlights: "Just what does the VP do?", "I can see Russia from my porch," "What part of the Bush Doctrine are you referring to--his worldview?", "The VP really gets in there with the Senate"...and there are more, but we'll end there. THEN, her attack-dog stature got a little out of hand. If she mentions Bill Ayers one more freakin' time, I'm gonna lose my damn mind. And if they make one more terrorist-associated, fear-mongering statement, I'm really gonna lose my mind. I have to say, the whole "is Obama possibly a terrorist???" allegation really sounds like a euphemistic way of saying, "he's scary, he's black, who knows what he's capable of," which pisses me the fuck off. Sarah's the one with a membership to the Alaskan Independence Party! OK, anyway, all this to say, that I found this article absolutely hysterical. Chickens coming home to roost, my fellow Americans. http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/25/palin.tension/index.html
And in case you're curious, here a collection of Sarah's gaffes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrzXLYA_e6E
And here's a clip of her version of what the VP does:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nokTjEdaUGg
Here's an article on the Alaskan Independence Party and Sarah's address to one of their conventions:
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-aip3-2008sep03,0,6399468.story
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwvPNXYrIyI
1 comment:
You're pretty sexist if you can't see the double standard being pushed by the media.
I don't know what happened to you to give you all those issues about women. It's scary how sexist you can be.
Post a Comment