Thursday, January 8, 2009
The Emails
I was at a meeting for CCAC today. It was sort of like an in-service day. Everyone from the campus was supposed to go, have dinner as a group, talk about updates in security and the early intervention program, then go to department meetings. The last speaker of the night was the president of the campus. She's this 60-something woman with a lisp. I realize this is mean, but when she talks all I can do is focus on her lisp. "I've had thuch a wonderful ethperienth thith themethter." ("I've had such a wonderful experience this semester.") "We've been working vewy hard to raithe enrollment for the thpring themethter. I'm proud of all of uth here at TheTheAThe." ("We've been working very hard to raise enrollment for the spring semester. I'm proud of all of us here at CCAC.") Then, at the end of her speech, she wanted to tell us that we could all reach her via email. She said this in an undeniably old person way: "I have the emails too." HA!! I could not contain myself. I laughed out loud. Really loud. Followed by a cough in an attempt to cover up my inappropriate laughter. This only managed to draw more attention to myself. Oh well. No one seemed to mind my impropriety.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your killing me! I am laughing hysterically at this, and it hurts so bad, I just got my wisdom teeth out, but I as well can not help it. Only because that iss o me, I have put myself in positions such as that many times! haha
Post a Comment